Sunday, November 23, 2008

Getting ready for open

After one year and three different locations shot down we've decided to take the restaurant underground. Yes that is exactly what it sounds like. Abandon all regard for the law and restraints that it holds. To finally be able to make the food that so truly makes me happy and brings joy and purpose. To work closely with the ingredients that actually inspire me, and to regard with respect the animals and farmers that give us the ability to sustain ourselves. To revel in marrow, to lavish organic produce, to consume with delight, food that can actually change the way we think. It is this final week before we open our doors and invite friends and strangers alike into our endeavor that I'm realizing how uninspired I have become in these past months. Only now am i starting to remember why I love to cook so much. To enjoy feeding people. To transform the simple into the sublime. How excited I am to share what I think is truly wholesome and conscientious food with the people that I am close to. Next week is going to be fun! 

No comments: